FINALIZING A TEMPLATE
When a new template is created, the text and variables of a document are built into the Document Tab “View” of the Rapidocs file. The content of this Document Tab will comprise of what you want the end user to have when the questionnaire has been completed. This may include a legal document, instructions, cover page, etc.
OPTIONAL Components of a Template
You have the option of adding content to two other tab “Views”: License Tab and Introduction Tab. To access and create content in these tabs, use the “View” dropdown menu on the Rapidocs toolbar.
License Tab: DirectLaw law firms may use this tab to include any licensing, copyright and/or usage disclaimers relating to the template for the end user. This will be the first screen of text the end user sees when opening a template. The clickable button at the bottom of the screen reads “Accept”. Once the button is clicked, the user will proceed to the questionnaire.
Introduction Tab: DirectLaw law firms may use this tab to include instructions or a summary about the template for the end user. Any information provided may be helpful in preparing the end user for the type of questions that will be asked, or simply remind the end user that they must meet certain requirements to be eligible to use the document.
Examples of content for these tabs are available if needed.
REQUIRED Components of a Template
When a template is complete it must contain certain unique identifying information in the “Properties” box. Use the “File” dropdown menu on the Rapidocs toolbar and select “Properties”. (Note: Some information in the Properties box is optional.)
The first tab of the Properties box is “General”.
- Document Name field: populate this field with a descriptive template name.
- Subject and Category fields: select the multiple choice options that already exist in the dropdown menus or enter your own subjects and categories.
- The Version number in the Properties box must be unique.
- Your template will be assigned a unique 6-digit identification number by DirectLaw. The version date of the template will follow the 6-digit identification number. The format of the date should be year, month and day.
- Example: XXXXXX.20091015
The second tab of the Properties box is “Ownership”.
- It is recommended that the Author and Owner field remain blank.
- Populate the Publisher field with the company name responsible for the content of the template.
- Note: If this field is gray and does not allow you to enter information, go to the “File” dropdown menu and select “Save As”. This will open the Properties box and you will be able to enter information in the Publisher field.
- Whether or not you choose to place copyright information in the Licensing Tab (as explained prior in optional components), this Copyright field may be left blank.
A rule designated as “hidden” may be used during automation to force the order of questions in the interview. A hidden rule typically contains one variable and inserted into a point in the template where the automator has determined the question should be asked.
However, a hidden rule can contain two or more variables. If the hidden rule contains two or more variables, the variables must be separated by a “+” or “or” for the rule to work correctly.
Explanation Tab: this is the tab where a group heading and supporting text will appear above the questions. This is suggested text for the explanation tab:
[Intro paragraph should detail what information is being captured. Example: “Provide the requested details for the separate property of the Petitioner (one entry at a time) in the questions below.”]
After completing your entry, select MENU for further instructions.
Menu Tab: this is the tab where a group heading and supporting text will appear above the entries as entered by the end user. This is suggested text for the menu tab:
Below is a list of one or more entries you have created for [ ___________________.]
To ADD another entry, click on the ADD button.
To EDIT an entry, click or double click on the entry to open the original questions and make revisions.
To DELETE an entry, click on the trash can icon (or the DELETE button if there is no trash can icon). You must DELETE any “<blank>” entries.
Select NEXT to continue to the next set of questions for this document.
How to Forward Your Template to DirectLaw for Posting to Your Site
When your template is complete, follow these steps:
- Save and close your Rapidocs file.
- E-mail your .rawx file to Gregor Weeks (email@example.com) and Aaron Varner (firstname.lastname@example.org).